I am an active member of many professional organizations. These organizations allow me to network with my peers and get the continuing education and training I need to help me advance professionally.
I am certified by both industry and government organizations and have continued my education both within the professional organizations and independently.
As part of my ongoing commitment to share what I have learned, I have published articles in trade and association journals including:
All the articles are available on my website. Please click here.
My goal is to continue writing – not only for trade and association publication – but case studies and best-practice studies. I invite you to contact me with ideas or case-studies.
National Institute of Standards and Technology
Named after Malcolm Baldrige, the 26th Secretary of Commerce, the Baldrige Award was established by Congress in 1987 as the nation’s highest honor for organizational innovation and performance excellence.
The Examiner board is composed of leading experts from industry, professional, trade, education, health care, nonprofit and government organizations from across the United States. Those selected meet the highest standards of qualification and peer recognition, demonstrating competencies related to customer focus, communication, ethics, action orientation, team building and analytical skills. ‘
- Responsible for individual and consensus review and evaluation of applications submitted for the Baldrige Performance Excellence Program.
- 2016 Examiner Baldrige Performance Excellence Program
- March 2016 – Present
American Society of Healthcare Engineers (ASHE)
- Sustainability Committee 2016-2018
- Editorial Advisory Group 2018
- Candidate, Region One ASHE Board of Directors, 2014
- CHFM – Certified Healthcare Facility Manager
- CHC – Certified Healthcare Constructor
- SASHE – Senior Member
- January 1989 – Present
- ASHE Body of Knowledge Task Force 2014
New England Hospital Engineers Society (NEHES)
- NEHES Board Member 1990-1992
- January 1989 – Present
American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE)
- FACHE – Fellow, January 2000 – Present
International Association of Healthcare Security (IAHSS)
- Senior Member, January 2000 – Present
- Certified Life Safety Specialist – HC – NFPA 101, 2016
- Certified Emergency Power Specialist – HC – NFPA 99 &110, 2017
Massachusetts Health Facilities Professional Association
- January 2013 – Present
- American Solar Energy Society
- International Facility Management Association